At Beeline, we want to see as many people as possible getting on bikes and want to share some of our knowledge about the best cycle routes with you, our community. Find out where to cycle in London solo or with friends!
It’s no secret that 2020 is the year of the bicycle. Along with toilet paper and hand sanitiser, it’s seen a stratospheric increase in demand. There are a lot of reasons why that might be the case, but we’ve been super excited about what this means for society and the planet.
Whether you’ve taken to two wheels to avoid public transport, or found the lockdown road conditions ideal to dust off your chain, it’s likely that you’ve turned to the internet or friends for tips on where you can have an enjoyable few hours in the saddle.
You can find a tasty selection of ideas for journeys either by yourself or with a group below. We personally think that the best rides feature a stop for refreshments at the end. Why not share that with other people?
All but one of these contains the GPX for these routes. Pretty handy if you're already a Beeliner and can download straight to your device!
- London’s (not so) secret forest: a lovely cycle route along the canal to the great wilds of Epping Forest.
- Take on the Tamsin Trail: Richmond Park like you've never seen it before!
- Head East! Will you make it to the seaside...?
- The Royal Treatment: follow the River Thames most of the way towards Windsor for a fantastic cycle route out of London.
- The (Box) hills are alive: Take on this classic London route to the renowned Box Hill, passing Richmond Park and Hampton Court Palace along the way.
- Wandering along the Wandle Trail: a 12.5 mile ride that takes you along the popular Wandle Trail